Who’s excited for these Spiced chai and tahini cookies 🙋🏼♀️ 😛 Perfectly pillowy, deliciously aromatic and so easy to make, this is one of the recipes I made for @t2tea dessert campaign, and in the name of good recipe testing, I triple tested/perfected the recipe for you (it was a little for me, too ☕️😛). Plus, they’re the perfect tea-dunkers, if that’s your thing!
Besides eating cookies, we had a wonderful winters day of puddle stomping. One of the best things about being around kids is always the reminder to stop and enjoy the little things, right?
Tahini Chai Cookies
1 cup (90g) almond meal
1 cup (125g) all purpose gluten free flour
1 ½ tbsp @t2tea chai spice powder (see note*)
½ cup rice malt syrup
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
½ cup hulled tahini
1 Tbsp chia egg**
1 tbsp nut milk of choice ( 1-2 tbsp, 2 if using plain flour)
To decorate (Optional); 50 g Vegan chocolate, melted
Method chia egg
Mix 1 tbsp chia with 3 tbsp water, set aside 10 minutes until gel forms, (mix through)
1. Preheat oven to 175 c and line baking tray with baking paper
2. Sieve dry ingredients (flour, almond meal and chai spice) into large mixing bowl
3. Add the remaining ingredients into a separate bowl (including chia egg) and mix well.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry bow, and mix to form cookie dough.
5. Using wet hands, roll dough into balls (about 2 Tbsp each, or 60g). Place cookies on the lined ray, leaving a 5 cm gap between each cookie. Flatten cookies slightly with your hand, then transfer to the oven.
6. Bake for 12-15 minutes then turn off oven & leave cookies in the oven for a further 5 minutes to brown. Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack to completely cool, or enjoy while nice and warm with a cup of tea * To make chai powder, simply add 1/2 cup T2 chai spice to a blender and blitz to forma powder. Store in an air-tight container for future uses.
**Make a chia egg by placing 1 Tbsp chia seeds with 3 Tbsp water in a bowl. Mix well and set aside for 5 minutes. **If decorating the cookies with chocolate, wait until the cookies have completely cooled before dipping each one. ***Store in an air-tight container for up to 1 week.