Nachos on Sunday is starting to be a trend 🤩 @paulb183 & I have no complaints 💗
I usually throw everything onto a cookie sheet with shredded cheese & broil, but today I was craving queso🤤On the nachos I used the leftover steak 🥩 @thepioneerwoman salsa on the side for dippin, both I prepped late last week 🥇
I slightly altered the recipe from @thecookierookie after searching “easy Mexican queso”. I jut tweaked the spices and added 1/4 lb of pepper jack instead of more white American cheddar 🥇🧀
For the queso:
1 1/2 Cups half & half
1/2 lb sliced American white cheddar
1/4 lb sliced pepper jack (then clubbed)
4 Oz shredded mozzarella
3 Tbsp diced canned jalapeño
1 tspn cumin
1 tspn red pepper flakes
1/4 tspn salt & pepper
Chopped cilantro & tomatoes for garnish •
1. Heat 1/2 and 1/2 over medium/high heat in a small saucepan.
2. Once simmering (bring to JUST before boil...when it starts bubbling up the sides it's ready), reduce heat to low.
3. Immediately stir in the cheese in batches, starting with the white american cheese. As you stir in the cheese, increase heat to medium and whisk CONSTANTLY while the cheese melts. Once each batch is melted/creamy, add more. Don't stop stirring, you have to whisk the entire time while adding cheese.
4. Once done with the white american, add in the shredded fontina or mozzarella. Again, whisk CONSTANTLY while the cheese melts, insuring you have a creamy blend. If you prefer the cheese a bit thicker, add a bit more of the mozzarella.
5. Once all the cheese is melted, stir in the jalapenos, cumin, red pepper, and salt and pepper.
6. Top with cilantro, tomatoes, and more jalapeños if desired.
#Cooking #Recipe #MealPrep #Nachos #Lunch #Queso #GoodEats #CookieRookie