PUMPKIN, CHICKPEA & QUINOA SALAD | This tasty salad is incredibly simple, and can be made in advance to store in the fridge while keeping dressing seperate to add just before serving. By the time the pumpkin has been roasted the quinoa will be cooked and other ingredients prepared. Packed with fibre, protein and vegetable nutrients, this salad is delicious hot or cold making it perfect for work lunches or shared with the crowd. Hope you enjoy, recipe below ⬇️
Ingredients: 2 servings or 4 sides
• 200g pumpkin, diced
• 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 teaspoon honey
• 1/4 teaspoon cumin, ground
• 1/4 teaspoon cardamom, ground
• 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
• 1 cup cooked quinoa
• 3 cups fresh spinach
• 125g tin (1 cup) chickpeas, rinsed • 2 spring onions, sliced
• 1/2 cup red capsicum, diced
• 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
• 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil - extra
• 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
• Salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Dice pumpkin and place on tray with honey, cumin, cardamom, cinnamon & 1 tablespoon of oil. Mix together to evenly coat & spread pumpkin cubes evenly around tray. Bake for 20 minutes.
3. Cook quinoa according to packet directions.
4. Slice onions and capsicum to size. Rinse chickpeas and combine in a large mixing bowl with spinach, parsley, cooked pumpkin (with juices from tray) & cooked quinoa.
5. Dress with 1 teaspoon oil, lemon juice and season to taste.