You MUST try this! Delicious Creamy Cauliflower Curry and Almond Raita (using our cashew cream and almond unsweetened yoghurt) - it really is the business. Let us know what you think!
The Best EVER Creamy Cauliflower Curry:
• 35g minced garlic
• 35g minced ginger
• 1 head of cauliflower
• 1 Tbls vegetable oil
• 1 Tbls Lemon Juice
• 1 tsp salt
• 2 tsp Garam Masala
• 1 1/2 cans of diced tomatoes
• 2 Tbls Coconut Oil
• 5 pods of cardamom
• 1 Cinnamon Stick
• 1 tsp fennel seeds
• 5 cloves
• Chilli powder to taste
• 1 bottle of Good Boost Cashew Cream
• 1 ½ Tbls Nutritional Yeast
• 1 tsp curry powder
• 1 Tbls Coconut Sugar (or brown sugar)
1. Set oven to 200°C Bake
2. Cut cauliflower into 10cm chunks, including stalk.
3. Mix oil, lemon juice, ½ tsp salt, 1 tsp Garam Masala and half of the ginger and garlic together.
4. Line a roasting tray with baking paper and combine the oil mix with the cauliflower chunks. Roast for 25 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, in a heavy saucepan add coconut oil, cardamom pods, cloves and fennel seeds, and place over a medium heat until the seeds become fragrant – then add remaining ginger and garlic and fry for about 1 minute, then remove from heat
6. In a processor place tomatoes and contents from saucepan – puree on high until smooth.
7. Return mix to saucepan and add chilli and cinnamon stick. Place over a low heat and simmer until the mix becomes thicker and paste like.
8. Add 1 ¼ cup of water to the processor and blend in the nutritional yeast until smooth. Add this mix along with the Good Boost Cashew Cream to the saucepan.
9. Add the roasted cauliflower, curry powder, remaining salt and Garam Masala to the saucepan and bring up to a simmer – simmer for 5 minutes.
This curry is fantastic with Mango Chutney, Almond Raita (see our recipe below), crispy papadums and plenty of rice.
• ½ Cup of Good Boost Unsweetened Almond Yoghurt
• ½ Cup of chopped, deseeded cucumber
• 2 Tbls Chopped fresh Coriander
• ¼ tsp Ground Cumin
• 1 Tsp Lemon Juice
1. Mix all ingredients together.