I had some fun today making some lavender syrup today, and I decided I wanted to share my recipe and how I made this. There’s other ways to make it, but this turned out really good! 💜✨ Lavender Simple Syrup
•2 cups water
•2 cups raw cane sugar (fine grain will dissolve faster but it doesn’t really matter) •1 cup lavender buds
•1 tbsp Citric Acid (you can substitute this with lemon juice if you don’t have it)
•2 tbsp Vanilla extract (this is optional, I just personally like the sweetness it adds) •Half Quart mason jar (or another container, that’s just what I used) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1. Bring the water to a light boil and add in your sugar & citric acid. Stir till it dissolves.
2. Add in lavender buds, and vanilla extract to the syrup solution. Let simmer on low for 5 min, be sure to stir it so it doesn’t burn.
3. Take off heat, and let’s steep for an additional 10 minutes covered by a lid.
4. Strain the lavender buds from the syrup, into a heat safe container with a strainer (you might need a funnel depending on the opening of the container.) 5. Let the syrup cool to room temperature and then transfer to a mason jar, or some other kind of sealed bottle.
6. Store in the refrigerator and this syrup should stay good for three weeks to one month. It’s a wonderful sweetener for tea, lemonade, tonic water, etc. be creative! 💕 #lavendersyrup #lavendersyruprecipe