This is one of our favorite (and easiest) breakfasts, from minimalistbaker.com. These oats are dairy and gluten free! Prep the night before, pop them in the fridge, then just top with fresh fruit in the morning! For those with a peanut allergy, use almond, cashew or sunflower butter!
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
3/4 Tbsp Chia seeds
2 Tbsp natural salted peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
1 Tbsp maple syrup (or sub coconut sugar, organic brown sugar, or stevia to taste)
1/2 Cup gluten free rolled oats
1. To a mason jar or small bowl, add all of the ingredients EXCEPT oats. Stir with a spoon to combine
2. Add oats, stir a few more times, pressing down the oats so that they are moistened.
3. Cover securely with a lid or plastic wrap and set in the refrigerator overnight.
4. The next day, open and enjoy as is, or garnish with bananas, strawberries, raspberries, flaxseed meal or chia seeds!
5. Overnight oats will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 days, but are best within the first 12-24 hours.