The theme for this week’s Back To School Lunch Box Series based on the @whole30 meal template is “Fast Food.” I want to show how to make some fast food favorites in a healthier way that still pass the taste test. 😉 For today’s feature, I have 2 twists, 1) I made sliders and 2) I used Ground Turkey 🦃 although you can use other ground meats too - beef🥩 , bison, chicken🐓 , venison, etc. Sliders make them cute 👶🏼 and easier to pair with the sweet potato 🍠“buns.” I made 8 small patties out of 1 pound of ground meat so if you don’t use them all, freeze ❄️ for use later in the month. That suggestion can be found on the Back to School List Planner download available for free through the link in my profile ->today<- along with a second free download for you because it’s Wednesday🎁🙌🏻. Enjoy!
Today’s menu feature:
Burgers🍔 *Ketchup, Mustard, Mayonnaise-optional, not shown
*Pickles, 🍠 , 🍅 , Snow Peas
*Grapes 🍇 *
1 lb. Ground Turkey
1/4 tsp. Onion powder
1/4 tsp. Garlic powder
1/4 tsp. Paprika
1 tsp. Sea salt
1 T. Avocado Oil or Ghee
1. In a medium bowl, combine ground turkey and spices until mixed well, but don’t overmix.
2. Wet hands and divide mixture into 8 equal portions, then form into small patties. Pat down really flat as they will plump up when they cook.
3. Heat cast iron or heavy cooking pan over medium heat, then add avocado oil and swirl to cover bottom of pan.
4. Add meat patties and cook approximately 4-5 minutes on each side until internal temperature reaches proper temperature (turkey 165ºF, beef 160ºF).
🍠Sweet Potato “Buns”
1 Big Sweet Potato (or more depending on how many buns you need to make), peeled and sliced into 1/3” slices
2-3 T. Olive or Avocado Oil
1. Heat cast iron or heavy cooking pan over medium heat, then add avocado oil and swirl to cover bottom of pan.
2. Add sweet potato slices and cook approximately 3-5 minutes on each side until golden and cooked.
I like to make homemade dressings, but these are great compliant available brands: