I wrote this on my personal page for my niece’s recent 18th birthday. I re-read them myself for a little pick me up recently, and realized that I want to share them with my own beautiful children.... and with you! 18 ways to make your life KICK ASS 💃
1. Everything you do, do with love. (Trust me on this - life just gets better once you figure this one out)
2. You CHOOSE your state. When someone or something is really pushing your buttons, stop, take 10 seconds to do nothing but breathe and then CHOOSE to feel good. Choose happiness. Choose compassion. You will be blown away at how your life starts bringing only good things.
3. Don’t take yourself too seriously.... don’t get old before your time.
4. When you choose a partner, make sure they stand beside you, where they belong. Not in front of you, behind you or on top of you - you’re looking for PARTNERSHIP, not a God, child or dictator.
5. Pay yourself first (this means savings, not stuff!) You’ll thank me for this some day.
6. You don’t have to prove ANYTHING to anyone. When you learn this, you’ll finally be free.
7. You’re brilliant - it’s ok to show people that. Even if they’re jealous - that’s on them, not you.
8. Never forget that your family has your back.
9. Work hard now, while everyone else is partying and making bad choices, work hard. You’ll be a million miles ahead if you do.
10. But don’t forget to have fun, too
11. Drugs and alcohol are NEVER the answer. Ever.
12. Be proud of yourself, of who you are. Speak nicely to yourself. I know that we are our own worst critic.... what if we were our own best friend - what would happen THEN? Magic.
13. Find a way to (LEGALLY!) make money while you’re sleeping. Passive income is the way to retirement at a reasonable age.
14. Follow your heart. You’ve got a good one.
15. Ask your mom and dad to tell you the story of how they met.... some day you’ll want to know. Then ask Grandma and Oma to tell you their stories.
16. Love unconditionally. Forgive easily. Especially yourself.
17. Find a group of people who are going