Taba ng Talangka (Crab Fat) Pasta
1. 250g spaghetti, cooked al dente. Set aside a cup of pasta water for later.
2. About 4-5 tbsps of Crab Fat/Taba ng Talangka. You may use more or less depending on your preference.
3. 6 medium-sized tomatoes or more, chopped
4. 1 bulb garlic, minced. You can use less. I love garlic so I tend to add more than needed.
5. 1 cup Chopped Olives
6. 1 large white onion, chopped.
7. A handful of Fresh Basil, torn in half. For today, I didn't have Basil so I used a handful of Fresh Malunggay instead. It adds sweetness to the pasta.
8. 1 cup pasta water
9. Optional: About 5 tbsps cream cheese. I love cream cheese!
10. About 2 tbsp. sugar to cut acidity of tomatoes. This is optional.
11. freshly ground black pepper
12. 3 tablespoons of olive oil
13. Parmesan cheese
14. Toasted Garlic
1. Saute garlic, onion and tomatoes in olive oil till translucent.
2. Add sugar. Saute for about a minute.
3. Add crab paste. Saute for about 5 minutes.
4. Add cream cheese
5. Add the pasta water and simmer for 2-5 minutes.
6. Toss over cooked pasta.
7. Add fresh malunggay
8. Add chopped olives
9. Top with parmesan cheese, toasted garlic and you're good to go!