Well, it’s been on my to do list for months and I didn’t think I could do it myself but having more time away from my phone gave me some motivation. It took two full days of working in 20-30 minute increments, taking hour long breaks, lots of extra pain meds and a willingness to live in the mess for two days but it’s done! 44/50 plants have been given some plant spa care and somehow I’ve made room for lots of new plants to come 😜. 🌿
I wanted to do it really well since it was such a labour of love. Every pot, tray and all the rocks were scrubbed completely clean. The roots were cleaned off and dead ones trimmed away, the dead or dying foliage was trimmed off. Some plants were potted up, some potted down and others put back in the same size. Every surface that held plants was thoroughly cleaned and reorganized. Any plant that was harbouring pests (namely scales 😔) was thrown away (only two!).
I left the 4 largest ones on the floor for another day when I have some help but getting all that done is such a relief! It was a struggle and a huge challenge but the kids and I had fun doing it together and there was only one kid inflicted casualty (I was super sad - swipe to see).
After it was all done there were a few plants looking shocked so I used the little bit of @ fertilizer I had and gave them some food, this morning they all look happy. Such a relief to have it done, even if it costs me a few days on the couch. Check out stories to see more of the mess!