I think I just heard my stomach growl! 😱 Check out this delicious ‘Grilled Chili Lime Honey Chicken & Sweet Potatoes with Avocado Salvo’ recipe by @halfbakedharvest
+ 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size chunks
+ 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
+ 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
+ 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
+ 1 tbsp honey
+ 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
+ 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
+ 2 tbsp fresh chopped oregano
kosher salt and black pepper
+ 2 sweet potatoes, cut into wedges
+ 2 red bell peppers, chopped into bite sized chunks
+ steamed white or brown rice, for serving
+ 1 avocado, diced
+ 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
juice from 1 lime
+ 1/4 cup fresh cilantro and or basil, chopped
1) In a zip top bag, combine the chicken, 2 tablespoons olive oil, lime juice, garlic, honey, red pepper flakes, cilantro, oregano, and a large pinch of salt. Marinate for 15 minutes or up to overnight in the fridge.
2) In bowl, toss the sweet potatoes with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, and a pinch each of salt and pepper.
3) Set your grill, grill pan or skillet to medium-high heat. Take your skewers and thread chicken pieces and bell peppers together, alternating one after another.
4) Brush the peppers and chicken on the skewers lightly with olive oil. Grill the skewers until lightly charred and cooked through, turning them occasionally throughout cooking, about 10 to 12 minutes total. At the same time, grill the sweet potatoes on tin foil on the grill, turning them halfway through cooking, until tender and lightly charred on each side, about 10-12 minutes.
5) To make the salsa, combine the avocado, jalapeño, lime juice, cilantro, and a pinch of salt in a bowl.
6) Serve the skewers and sweet potatoes over rice, and top with avocado salsa and fresh herbs.