Are you ready for it? A fabulous, hearty dinner you can get on the table in less than 30 minutes!! I know you’re keen for this one!! Think crispy chicken in a spicy tomato sauce with capsicum, olives, capers… And I absolutely love having some crunchy sourdough to mop up that delectable sauce… I’m in heaven!!!!! – N x ♥️
SPICY ITALIAN CHICKEN CASSEROLE | Serves 5
5 chicken thighs, skin on, bone in (about 200g / 7 oz each)
Salt and pepper
2 tsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 EACH red and green capsicum / bell pepper, sliced
½ cup white or red wine (any is fine, I use dry)
800g / 28 oz can crushed tomato
¾ cup water, swilled in empty tomato can
1 tsp red pepper flakes (chilli flakes), adjust to taste
½ cup black olives, pitted (or 1/3 cup sliced)
2 tbsp baby capers
Salt and pepper to taste
¼ cup finely chopped parsley
1. Crispy Chicken: Prick 5 gashes into the skin, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Place chicken in a cold large non stick skillet, then turn stove onto medium high. Cook for 4 – 5 minutes or until the skin is golden and crispy. Turn the chicken and cook the other side for 3 minutes.
3. Remove chicken onto a plate, discard fat, then return to the stove.
4. Add oil, garlic and onion. Cook for 1 minute, then add capsicum. Cook for 2 minutes then add wine. Bring to a simmer and stir, scraping the pan.
5. Once most of the wine is evaporated, add the tomato, water and pepper flakes. Stir, bring to a simmer, adjust heat so it’s bubbling energetically but not rapidly (and not slowly).
6. After 5 minutes, stir through olives and capers. Taste the sauce and add salt and pepper. Then place chicken into the sauce, being careful not to submerge the skin. Cook for another 5 minutes.
7. Sprinkle over parsley. Serve with crusty bread, or use half the sauce to toss through / pour over pasta and the other half to serve with chicken.
#recipetineats #ourplatesdaily #foodgawker #FoodWineWomen #feedfeed #f52grams #thekitchn #thatsdarling #tastespotting #TODAYFoodClub #buzzfeast #bhgfood #huffposttaste #recipe #igfood #instayum #hautecuisines #huffpostgram #recipevideo