✔My recipe! Hope you enjoy it! 😊
6-12 oxtail pcs (fat trimmed, thawed)
5-6 C Beef broth
1 whole white onion (sliced thin)
4 garlic cloves (minced)
1 C of each (Diced potatoes, Cut Carrots & Celery)
1/2 C Red Kidney Beans and Green beans
2 tsp Salt, Pepper & Garlic Salt
1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
1/8 tsp Sage & Basil
1 Bay Leaf
1 T Oil
1. Add oil to cast iron skillet. Season & brown oxtails over high heat for 4-6 mins.
2. Lower heat to medium. Add onion & garlic to pan. Cook for 1 min.
3. Add butter & flour to make a roux. Cook until chocolate colored about 4 mins, whisking constantly.
4. Carefully add beef broth, bay leaf, seasonings and whisk to thicken.
5. Place oxtails back in skillet, bring to boil. Takes about five mins over high heat to boil. Next, lower heat, cover & cook 1 hour. Do not open lid.
6. After one hour add your remaining vegetables, beans & cook an additional hour on low, covered. Gently stir once or twice during this last step to ensure all your vegetables cook evenly and your sauce has thickened.
For thicker sauce, mix 1 T cornstarch with 1 T water. Gradually add in until desired consistency.
When done, pour Oxtails in a bowl with your veggies over rice and enjoy!! ❤ Recipe from my new book: