Cool Runnings Organic Farm Pledge, base on integrity, education and health . 1. Build and maintain healthy soils by applying farming practices that include rotating crops annually, using compost, cover crops, green manures, and reduced tillage;
2. Serve the health of the soil, people and nature by rejecting the use of synthetic insecticides, herbicides, fungicides, and fertilizers;
3. Reject the use of GMO’s, chemically treated seeds, or synthetic toxic materials;
4. Treat our laying hens humanely by providing access to free-range, fresh water, and rejecting the use of non-organic feed;
5. Handle raw manure and soil amendments with care;
6. Work in cooperation with other local farmer’s to promote a more healthy and just regional food system;
7. Train the next generation of farmer’s by sharing and developing farming skills among apprentices, volunteers, and workshare members;
8. Transparently discuss the wages of all farm workers and acknowledge their freedom of association and their right to collective bargaining.