WARNING you guys, this one packs one heck of a spicy punch (but it’s equally as flavorful as it is spicy!) 🌶 If spice is your thing, this one is for you! ————————————————————————
Vegan Spicy Adobo Chili Chickpeas
(This took me about 15 minutes to cook, and served 1-2)
1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 can tomato paste
1 can chipotle chilis in adobo sauce (you will use JUST the sauce)
1/2 yellow onion, diced
1 Roma tomato, diced
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
Fresh cut pineapple (3 spears)
1. In a large soup pot, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil. When heated, add the diced onion and Roma tomato. Cook until the onions start to turn golden and translucent.
2. Add the minced garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add the garbanzo beans. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add in 1/2 can tomato paste, and the juice from 1/2 of the lime.
5. Then, add in 5 tablespoons of JUST THE SAUCE from the can of Chile peppers in adobo sauce. Do not put the actual peppers in.
6. Cook until fragrant and heated all the way through.
7. Serve immediately with one lime wedge, cilantro, and three pineapple spears.
The pineapple spears really help set off the spicy smokiness of the adobo chili sauce, and give the whole dish a totally tropical feel! (Plus, you will need a break from the spice, and the pineapple will help cool your mouth down!) 🍍🌶👌🏼 Enjoy!