Shanghai Hot Sauce Noodles, or Shanghai Lajiang Mian (上海辣酱面) was one of the many noodle soup dishes we enjoyed during when I was in China. With 8 different topping ingredients and a little sweet chicken broth, LaJiang Mian is the best noodle a winter has to offer. I miss it so much!
* 8 ounces pork shoulder, cut into ¼ inch cubes
* 1/2 cup raw shelled and skinned peanuts
* 1/4 cup peanut or vegetable oil
* ¼ cup doubanjiang (spicy chili bean sauce/paste)
* ¼ cup diced onion
* 2 medium carrots, cut into ¼ inch cubes (about ¾ cup)
* 4 ounces five spice tofu, cut into ¼ inch cubes (3/4 cup)
* 2 teaspoons sugar
* 6 cups chicken stock, divided
* 12 ounces dried noodles
* 1 scallion, chopped (optional)
Source: thewoksoflife .