🥟🥟🥟Weekend project! Get an assembly line going and tell everyone you don’t eat unless you make! 😂
PS They still taste great even if they’re wonky and warped. Perfectly Imperfect!! N xx
Potstickers (Pan Fried Dumplings) | Makes 30
5 - 6 dried shiitake mushrooms (or fresh)
1 ½ cups finely chopped Chinese cabbage (Napa cabbage)
½ tsp salt + 250 g / 0.5 lb fatty pork mince (20 - 30% fat) + ¼ cup garlic chives , finely chopped* + 2 tsp light soy sauce + 1 1/2 tsp Chinese wine + ½ tsp sesame oil* + ¼ tsp white pepper + 1 garlic clove , minced + ½ tsp grated fresh ginger*
30 - 35 round dumpling wrappers, 1/2 cup water per batch, 4 - 6 tsp vegetable oil
1. Soak mushrooms in boiling water for 20 min, squeeze out excess water then finely chop.
2. Mix cabbage with salt, leave 15 min, squeeze out excess water.
3. Mix together all Filling ingredients with hands.
4. Dip finger in water and run around edge of half the wrapper. Wrap 1 heaped tablespoon of Filling per video – skip the pleats if you want (even some dumpling restaurants skip the pleats!). Finished dumpling should be slightly curved, pleats on top.
5. Heat 2 tsp oil in a non stick pan over medium high heat. Place 8 – 10 dumplings in pan, press down to flatten base, cook 2 min until base is golden. Add ½ cup water, put lid on, leave 7 min. Remove lid, most water should be gone, leave on stove until all water is gone and dumpling base becomes crispy again.
6. Remove from pan and serve with Sauce. My fave is soy sauce + chilli oil or paste. Other combos: soy sauce + Chinese black vinegar or normal white vinegar, soy sauce with sriracha.
* Optional, can be omitted
#recipetineats #recipevideos # #ourplatesdaily #foodgawker #FoodWineWomen #feedfeed #f52grams #thekitchn #thatsdarling #tastespotting #TODAYFoodClub #buzzfeast #bhgfood #huffposttaste #recipe #igfood #instayum #hautecuisines #huffpostgram #dumplingmadness #potstickers