Gypsy Corner in Bombay used to be one of my favourite restaurants for Chinese food. So many dishes we ate there were our firsts. One combination we absolutely relished was Sliced Fish in Corriander Sauce with Egg Fried Rice. This is my take trying to replicate those favourites . So yummy, that neither Mr.Chop nor Ms.Stick cannot stop blushing looking at it!☺️ Recipe:
Sliced fish in Corriander Sauce:
1. Marinate your choice of firm fish lightly with some garlic paste, salt, white pepper, flour and the white of an egg for about 30 mins. (I used catfish slices)
2. Pan fry these slices each side for about 2 mins till well done on a hot non stick pan drizzled with a little oil and set aside.
3. For the sauce, throw in lots of finely chopped garlic in a pan with some hot oil. Once fragrant but NOT brown, add some thinly sliced green chillies and lots of corriander. Season with salt, sugar and a pinch of MSG.
4. Fry for a about 3-4 mins and add a cup of water, once it starts boiling add the paste of cornflour and water and let simmer.
5. Once thick add in the fish slices and a tiny bit of vinegar and serve hot.
6. Tip: you can replace the fish with a meat of your liking, vegetables, paneer or tofu.
1. In a wok, heat some oil, toss in some chopped onions followed by garlic and sauté till fragrant.
2. Then fry some finely chopped carrots and French beans. Season with salt, sugar and some white pepper powder.
3. Then mix in couple of eggs and scramble them not too dry. Finally mix in the cooked rice (basmati) and finish with lots of chopped spring onions.
#chinesefood #healthy #fish #rice #mumbaifoodie #mondaymotivation #foodblogger #foodiegram #buzzfeedfood #weekdayeats #frommykitchen #alifetoeat #pescatarian #eggattack #friedrice #thekitchn #eat #foodie #dinnerideas #eatrepeat #healthyfood #chopsticks #yummy #yummyfood #huffposttaste #tastemade #goodfood #foodforthesoul #comfortfood