• C O U N T D O W N •
As I countdown to the end of each year and start to prepare for the next, I always have great intentions to reflect and appreciate all of the magic that happened. But, as usual, I often find myself caught up in the chaos, festivities and a whole year’s worth of tiredness to even think about the things I’ve achieved, let alone goals the future.
But, today, I am holding myself accountable and right now, taking a few moments to give myself credit, where credit is due - be it big, small or otherwise, I’m going to pat my own bloody back 😂 !
This year’s amazingness
1. Finding a way healthier small biz/home life balance. Setting up JEM to be less about time spent in front of the computer and more about community, charity and creativity was one of the best things I’ve done this year. Just ask my husband 🙌
2. Being a bit of a better mum (in some ways 😳) and making more time to BE with the boys and relish in their interests instead of shooshing them off and actually running the household. 😳 I’ve built more LEGO, drawn more characters and read more books this year than I’ve done in a long time.
3. It’s been pretty rewarding watching all of our hard work and money saving efforts pay off with our gorgeous new home. As well as a successful, albeit long and tumultuous, renovation of our very first home. Mr JEM actually deserves most of this credit!
4. Making time for my friends and actually catching up with a whole bunch of them on more than one occasion this year. The time spent, the stories told and the laughs shared have been precious and invaluable. Thank you to my favourite gal pals for being so dang amazing - you know who are you! You’re my sanity, my ecstasy and my compass all bundled into delicious humans whom I adore ❤️
5. Oh and most importantly, surviving the Goodbye Dummy saga was a bloody win for all of us 🙌 Let’s be honest, Noah could have easily been adopted out on many, MANY occasions this year, but during the dummy transition he was a champ. Props to all of us 😂 ha!
So, what did you achieve this year that you need some dang credit for? Share below and I’ll congratulate the crap out of you!