Are you ready for some authentic Japanese cuisine?!?! 🍜Courtesy of RecipeTin Japan, comes these delicious YAKISOBA noodles – one of the popular street foods of Japan. This recipe is so versatile, you can throw in any vegetables you have in your fridge… and it’s all about that SAUCE!! – N x 😘
Yakisoba (Japanese Stir Fried Noodles) Serves 3-4
300g / 10.5 oz yellow noodles
1 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp oil (vegetable oil or peanut oil)
200g / 7 oz pork thinly sliced to bite size
60g / 2 oz carrot thinly sliced diagonally
100g / 3.5 oz cabbage cut into bite size (Note 3)
3 shiitake mushrooms sliced 2mm thick
2 stalks of shallots / scallions diagonally sliced
1 cup bean sprouts
Aonori and benishoga for garnish
40ml (1.4oz) Bulldog tonkatsu sauce + 50ml (1.7oz) Bulldog Worcester Sauce
1 tsp soy sauce + ½ tbsp tomato sauce / ketchup + 1 tsp sugar
½ tsp dashi seasoning powder diluted in ½ tsp hot water
1. Combine Yakisoba Sauce ingredients in a small bowl, mix well and set aside.
2. Boil the noodles in water for 1 minute, drain. Sprinkle sesame oil over noodles and toss until coated.
3. Heat oil in a wok or a large fry pan over medium high heat. Add pork, sauté 2-3 minutes. Add carrots, cook 30 seconds. Add cabbage and shiitake mushrooms, cook 1 minute. Add shallots and bean sprouts, cook 30 seconds. Add the noodles, mix well.
4. Add the yakisoba sauce and mix quickly ensuring all the noodles are coated with sauce evenly.
5. Serve noodles in mounds on plates, sprinkling with aonori and topping with benishoga.
#recipetinjapan #recipetineats #ourplatesdaily #foodgawker #FoodWineWomen #feedfeed #f52grams #thekitchn #thatsdarling #tastespotting #TODAYFoodClub #buzzfeast #bhgfood #huffposttaste #recipe #igfood #instayum #hautecuisines #huffpostgram #recipevideo #noodles #japanese #easymeals #foodporn #yum