Annnnndddd she’s back, folks! After a (too) long hiatus from Instagram, I’m back and ready to give you some more delicious recipes! These quick pickled onions are so easy to make and a great alternative to the store-bought stuff. Plus, I never met a pickle I didn’t like. Posting it just in time for dinner too so go ahead and add it to your salads, tacos, or burger!
1 red onion, peeled, halved, and thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, peeled and halved
1 cup white or apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp salt
3 tbsp sugar
1-2 tsp whole peppercorns or pickling mix
1 bay leaf
1/2 tsp whole mustard seed (optional)
1. Place sliced onions and garlic in a shallow glass dish.
2. In a small pot, add vinegar, sugar, salt, and spices and mix together until sugar and salt are dissolved.
3. Turn on medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Once vinegar mixture is boiled, remove from heat and pour on top of onions.
4. Let mixture cool and transfer to a mason jar or glass/plastic container with a tight lid.
5. Place in fridge and let marinate at least 1 hour. The longer you let it, the better it tastes!