My all time favourite vegan Mac & cheese. 💕
🍝 🧀 EASY SPICY MAC-N-CHEESE 🧀🍝 Ingredients
* 8 oz. favorite pasta (I used quinoa * pasta)
* 1 1/4 c * ups unsweetened almond milk
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 2 heaping tablespoons flour (spelt, rice, tapioca or all-purpose)
* 1/4 – 1/2 cup nutritional yeast flakes
* 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/4 teaspoon Chilli powder
* 1/4 teaspoon chipotles powder
* mineral salt, to taste
Cook your pasta according to package. Drain and place back in pot, set aside.
In a small/medium sauce pan, heat oil over medium heat, add flour and whisk to incorporate. Continue whisking and cook for 2 minutes. Add milk slowly, whisking constantly. Turn heat to low and cook until sauce thickens, about 8 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Stir in nutritional yeast, salt, garlic powder, chili powder and chipotle powder. Stir until everything is incorporated and smooth again. Taste for flavor.
Add sauce to the pasta, toss well, add more milk as needed and serve right away. 👩🍳👩🍳👩🍳I normally add some avocado to add increase the flavour. 👩🍳 👩🍳 👩🍳