Danish cuisine favorites 😋
• “Grød” (porridge with caramel sauce/chestnut puree, apple, and toasted almonds). I started 3 out of my 4 days in Copenhagen with that healthy meal🤤
• “Smørrebrød” (an open-faced sandwich with toppings like hard-boiled eggs, smoked salmon, and sliced radishes heaped onto dark, sourdough rye bread). Perfect for a quick lunch.
• “Frikadeller” (Danish traditional meatballs). Also try the ones with fish (I liked them even more).
• “Romkugler” (a truffle-like rum ball, coated in chocolate sprinkles, desiccated coconut, or cocoa).
• “Hindbærsnitter” (flat raspberry bars with jam, glazed with icing, and flecked with colorful sprinkles).
• “Stegt Flæsk med Persillesovs” (fried pork belly generally served with potatoes and a white sauce with chopped parsley).
• “Gløgg” (aka Danish mulled wine) - is basically made of red wine along with various spices, raisins and sliced almonds. Definitely try this liquid hygge!
Where to go: Torvehallerne - Copenhagen's first covered food market. Everything mentioned above under one roof👌🏼