Lauki ki kheer
1 cup grated bottle gourd (lauki)
2 cups low fat milk
2 tbsp sugar
A pinch of cardamom powder
Chopped nuts of choice(almonds, cashew,raisins, charoli)
Pistachios for garnishing
1. Combine the milk and bottle gourd in deep non stick pan, mix well and cook it on medium flame for 10-12 mins, or till the bottle gourd is cooked, while stirring occasionally and scraping the sides of the pan.
2. In the meanwhile, heat ghee in a small pan, roast almonds first for few seconds.
3. Now add cashew and charoli. Saute for few seconds. Turn off the flame.
4. After 5 mins of boiling milk, add roasted almonds,cashew, charoli to the milk and then add soaked raisins. Mix well.
5. Once the bottle gourd is cooked for around 10-12 mins, then add the sugar, mix well and cook it on medium flame for another 2 mins or till sugar dissolves completely.
6. Add the cardamom powder and mix well.
7. Keep aside to cool completely and refrigerate for an hour.
8. Serve chilled.