Summer is technically no more but these beetroot, chickpea, sweetcorn burgers are still amazing! 👍
-200g cooked beetroot
-½ bunch of fresh coriander
-½tsp ground coriander
-½tsp ground cumin
-3 tbsp plain flour and extra for dusting
-1 small lettuce
-2 large tomatoes
-Half medium red onion
-Wholemeal mustard as desired
-Wholemeal burger buns
1. Drain the chickpeas, sweetcorn and beetroot then tip into a blender. Pick the coriander leaves, adding half the leaves and all the stalks.
2. Add the spices, flour and a pinch of sea salt, finely grate in the lemon zest, then pulse until combined, but not smooth – you want to keep some texture.
3. On a flour-dusted surface, divide and shape the mixture into patties, roughly 2cm thick. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up.
4. Heat oven to 180 degrees and cook patties for 25-30 minutes, turn half way through cooking
5. Meanwhile, prepare lettuce leaves, red onion and tomatoes.
6. Squeeze a dollop of mustard onto the base of each bun (toast if you like), then top with the burgers. Layer over a couple of slices of tomato, a lettuce leaf, slices of red onion and finally the burger tops.
#vegansofig#veganfashion #plantbased#plantfuelled #vegantshirt#veganfood #veganlife#animalrights #veganvibes#veganapparel #ecofashion#veganfitness #veganblogger#veganactivist #plantpower#plantbaseddiet #plantstrong#plantpowered #vegansofinstagram#vegancommunity