Regrann from @mymeatlessmeals - Did you know that we are now in Mango Season in Thailand? What it means is that everywhere you look, there are people selling all kinds of mangoes: green, ripe, sweet, sour, crunchy, sweet and refreshing, you name it.
As we are currently blessed with this abundance, I thought it’s about time I share with you my recipe for Mango Sticky Rice! I hope you all are ready for this!
Mango Sticky Rice 🌱🧡
• 250 g glutinous rice, preferably Thai and newly harvested. If you couldn’t find that just get whichever one is available. • 1 cup full fat coconut milk
• 1/4-1/2 cup organic sugar, depends on how sweet you’d like this to be.
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1/2 tsp pandan extract (optional)
1. Rinse your rice until the water comes out clear. I must have repeated this step about 8 times. Then, soak the rice for 4-6 hours or overnight if you’re using old glutinous rice.
2. Drain well and make sure there’s no excess water before transferring the rice to a steamer (with the water boiling) and into a cheesecloth.
3. Make a hole in the middle so the rice cooks up nicely.
4. Steam the rice for about 30-40 minutes or until thoroughly cooked. Here’s how you know- squish a grain of rice in between your index finger and thumb- if you’re left with a sticky paste, it’s good to go.
5. Simmer coconut milk, sugar, pandan extract, and salt on low heat just until the sugar dissolves.
6. Add cooked rice (while still PIPING HOT) to the mixture and gently fold everything together, be careful not to over mix.
7. Rest, covered, for 10 minutes before folding again. Rest 5 minutes before serving with ripe mangoes, fried mung beans, and salted coconut cream.
#vegan #vegancommunity #veganrecipes #healthychoices #govegan #veganism #veganlunch #homecooking #easycooking #healthyfoodporn #veganfoodvideos #vegansofinstagram #vegansofig #veganfoodshare #letscookvegan #instafood #veganvideos #vegancooking #vegandinner #veganfoodporn #veganeats #foodporn #herbivore #plantbased #recipevideo #foodvideos #whatveganseat #simplecooking #plantbasedfood #healthyvegan