Vegan "Chicken" Nuggets 🍟 🌱
This is my first ever seitan recipe, and it is perfect for making veganised chicken dishes like hot wings or chicken tenders, including, you guessed it- nuggets.
And not a single chicken was harmed in the making 🐔
(1) Dry ingredients:
• 2 cups vital wheat gluten flour • 4 tbs nutritional yeast • 3 tsp Italian mixed herbs
• 1/2 tsp turmeric
• 1 tsp of garlic powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, and black pepper
(2) Wet ingredients
1.5 cup vegetable broth (lightly salted)
• 1/2-1 tsp salt
• 1 tsp whole grain mustard • 1 tbs soy sauce • 3 tbs tahini
(3) For boiling
• 6 cups vegetable broth
• 150 g carrot • 150 g onion 👇
(4) For breading
• Plain flour • plant milk (I use walnut milk)
• vegan breadcrumbs • cooking spray (optional)
1. Mix all ingredients in (1) in a large bowl.
2. Whisk together ingredients in (2).
3. Add wet to dry ingredients.
4. Mix well using a wooden spoon or hands and start kneading for about 5 minutes or until the mixture is well combined and forms a dough.
5. Rest 1 hour before forming tiny nuggets, as seitan will expand once it's boiled. Use Ingredients in (3) to cook seitan by simmering on medium heat for about 40 minutes. This will add texture and flavours to the "meat". 💡 (Tip: I use a kitchen scissor to trim off the excess after it's been cooked to get the nicely shaped nuggets.)
6. Coat each piece in plain flour, dunk in plant milk, back to the flour and plant milk, and ended with breadcrumbs as a final coating.
7. Bake at 375 for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Serve hot with dips and indulge. .
Recipe by @mymeatlessmeals . .°•○●♡●○•°♡°•●○•°♡°•
Be Kind & Follow @founderofprojectveg
#vegan #vegancommunity #veganrecipes #healthychoices #govegan #veganlunch #homecooking #easycooking #veganfoodvideos #meatlessmeals #plantbasedrecipes #vegansofinstagram #vegansofig #veganfoodshare #letscookvegan #instafood #veganvideos #vegancooking #vegandinner #veganeats #herbivore #plantbased #recipevideo #vegana #whatveganeats #simplecooking #plantbasedfood #healthyvegan