Thai Chopped Salad with Crispy Onions and Peanut Dressing🌿✨ Recipe by @purplecarrotxo plant-based meal delivery.
1 package organic extra firm tofu
1 romaine heart
2 Thai chiles
3 tbsp peanut butter
1 tbsp tamari
1 tbsp rice vinegar
4 oz coleslaw blend
½ cup crispy onions
2 tbsp vegetable oil
Salt and pepper
1. Trim and chop the eggplant into 1 inch pieces. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and sprinkle with salt. Drain the tofu and pat dry with paper towels, then chop into 1 inch cubes. Roughly chop the romaine heart. Thinly slice the scallions. Mince the Thai chiles.
2.Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat with 1 tbsp vegetable oil. Once hot, add the eggplant and cook until browned in places, about 4 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and return to the plate.
3. Return the skillet to medium-high heat with 1 tbsp vegetable oil. Add the tofu and a pinch of salt and cook until browned and crispy in places, about 4 to 5 minutes.
4. In a medium bowl, add the juice from the lime, peanut butter, tamari, rice vinegar, and ¼ cup warm water. Whisk the peanut dressing until smooth.
5. In a large bowl, combine the chopped romaine, coleslaw blend, just 2 tbsp peanut dressing, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss the chopped salad well to combine.
6. Pick the cilantro leaves. Divide the chopped salad onto large plates and top with eggplant, tofu, chiles, and cilantro, and drizzle with the remaining peanut dressing. Top with crispy onions.
Use code VEGANFOODSPOT✨ for $30 off your @purplecarrotxo order! Link in BIO 💫