Vegan ‘Fishcakes’ from @wearesovegan - Makes 6 ‘fishcakes’:
1 tbsp ground flax seeds
2x 400g tinned chickpeas
1 red onion (finely chopped)
3 garlic cloves (minced)
2 large handfuls of parsley (finely chopped)
4 sheets of nori
1 tsp paprika
1 tbsp dried dill
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp mixed herbs
For the homemade mayonnaise:
200 g soft silken tofu
2 tsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp English mustard
pinch of salt
pinch of pepper
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1. To make the flax egg, add the flax seeds to a small bowl with 2 tbsp of tap water and stir to combine. Set aside while you prepare the other ingredients.
2. Open the two tins of chickpeas, drain and rinse, then transfer to a mixing bowl. Mash with a potato masher until all the chickpeas have broken down.
3. To the mixing bowl, add the finely chopped red onion, minced garlic and finely chopped parsley. Then use scissors to finely cut the nori sheets into small pieces directly into the bowl. Next, add the juice from the one lemon, dill, paprika, salt and pepper, and finally the flax egg from before.
4. Use your hands to combine the ingredients until everything is well mixed together. Then take a handful of the mixture and shape it into a patty. Repeat until all of the mixture has been used up and you’re left with 6 evenly shaped ‘fishcakes’.
5. Heat a little oil in a frying pan on a medium - high heat. Once hot, add in 3 or 4 cakes at a time and fry for 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
6. Meanwhile, prepare the homemade mayonnaise by placing the silken tofu, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper in a food processor and blend for around 10 seconds. Then add half of the vegetable oil and blend, then add the remaining vegetable oil and blend until the mayonnaise is smooth. Transfer the mayonnaise to serving dish.
7. Remove the cakes from the heat and serve with the mayonnaise and a salad of your choice.
------------------------------ #veganvideos #veganrecipe #veganhd #veganrecipes #veganrecipevideo #vegan #plantbased #whatveganseat #veganlunch #vegandinner #recipe #meatlessmonday #vegano