Healthy #blw take on burger and chips with these mini 5 minute bean and squash burgers 🍟🍔
1. Slice a 2cm disc of buttenut squash, peel with a knife and grate into a bowl
2. Add a finely diced spring onion and half a tin of kidney beans.
3. Microwave for 1minute, stir then again for another minute *the squash will steam in its own moisture which a) starts the cooking process and b) makes the burgers not soggy.
4. Add a sprinkle of cumin, snipped up fresh flat leaf parsley, a little zest of a lemon, half a whisked egg and 1.5 tbsp of flour (I used chickpea).
5. In a pan heat through the burgers for 3minutes flipping half way through.
6. I had steamed Charlotte potatoes in the fridge which I also added to the non stick pan for the chips and added chives to sour cream for a dip. (The burger bap is a salt free roll made from daddy's rye bread loaf that he made for us today).
The LO had two of the burgers as some landed on the decking, eating burgers the al fresco way tonight! He did really well and even managed the spinach leaf, I did have to de-crust the roll however as that was a challenge too far.
The burgers freeze and that quantity made 6. To use a whole tin just double the other quantities.
V quick, healthy and yummy ♥️