June is National Safety Month (NSM), organized every June by the National Safety Council (NSC), is an annual observance that focuses on reducing injuries and death at work, on the road, and at home.
Everyone can get involved in reducing the risk of injuries. NSC provides free materials, such as posters, tip sheets, and quizzes to promote safety awareness. Additionally, you can use the free NSC Safety Checkup Tool to determine your risks and learn how to prevent them, as well as explore additional resources on their website.
As fires are one of the top causes of unintentional injuries or deaths, follow these tips to help prevent them: · Install smoke alarms and carbon monoxide alarms; test your smoke alarms and replace them; and change the batteries once a year.
· Plan and practice an escape route and choose a meeting place outside of your home.
· Learn how to choose fire extinguishers and how to use fire extinguishers.
· Stop, drop, and roll if your clothes catch on fire.
· Never leave the oven or stove unattended when cooking.
· Keep matches and lighters out of children’s reach.
National Safety Month is a great time to assess your home for potential safety risks and to spread the word about ways to reduce the risk of injuries. For professional fire damage repair or smoke remediation services, contact your local Contact Restoration office.
#firedamagerestoration #firedamagerestorationservice #restoration #waterrestoration #emergencyservices #24hourservice #7daysaweek #365daysayear