Apple Butter BBQ Sauce ZERO Smart Points per serving!
I was feeling inspired by the delicious Apple Butter from @at chelshealthyplate. This was an experiment that turned out in my favor. It’s still a work in progress, but I’m pretty happy with the results.
My husband enjoyed some BBQ shredded chicken for a sandwich and I continued my nachos kick with some BBQ chicken nachos (6 SP)!
Apple Butter BBQ Sauce – using Apple Butter Recipe from Rachel’s Healthy Plate
Onion – half medium onion chopped
Garlic – two cloves
¼ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1 tsp Liquid Smoke
1 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1/8 cup Brown Sugar
3 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
1 Cup Tomato Sauce
12 oz Apple Butter (http://rachelshealthyplate.com/crockpot-apple-butter/)
8 Tbsp Tomato Paste
Red Pepper Flakes – to taste
Ground Black Pepper – to taste
Salt – to taste
¾ to 1 cup of water – depending on desired consistency
1Tbsp Land O Lakes Light Butter
1. Chop onion and mince garlic.
2. Place in pot over medium heat and coat with cooking spray. Cook about 10 minutes until onions are translucent and are beginning to become caramelized.
3. Increase heat and add apple cider vinegar, liquid smoke, paprika, garlic powder, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce, apple butter, tomato paste, red pepper flakes, ground black pepper, and salt to the onions and garlic.
4. Let ingredients in the pot cook together for 2-3 minutes.
5. Use an immersion blender or blender to blend ingredients. If blender used, return sauce to pot.
6. Simmer sauce for 1-2 hours. Swirl in butter after removing from heat
Makes 32 servings – 2Tbsp one serving
#weightwatchers #weightloss #foodie #smartpoints #wwjourney #wwfreestyle #weightlossfollowers #weightwatchersfollowers #weighrwatchersjourney #healthyrecipes #wwfreestyle #weightlosstransformation #weightwatchersfreestyle #wwminnesota #weightwatcherssisterhood #weightwatchersonline #rachelshealthyplate #healthybbq #applebutter