#Food #SwipeLeft #Paleo Baked Zucchini Fritters or #CourgetteFritters if you're U.K. like that.
I've been making a lot of sweets and sometimes that really triggers excessive sugar cravings so I decided to do something savory. I wanted something #mealprep-y for #worklunches. I wanted to make #ZucchiniFritters but then decided to try baking them into a sort of savory #zucchinimuffin #courgettemuffin situation. It sort of escalated from there and basically turned into a Seafood #ZucchiniPie #CourgettePie thing 😳 -
- 2-3 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 cup plantain flour (or almond or plain)
- 2 eggs
- 2 TBSP of coconut oil or ghee or olive oil. - 2 TBSP of nutritional yeast (or 2-4TBSP of Parmesan)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Seasonings (e.g. Turmeric, garlic, ginger, curry powder, pepper etc)
- Mixed herbs - Salt
- (Optional: bacon bits, tuna, crab, minced meat, chopped vegetables)
- Liberally salt the zucchini in a sieve over a bowl. Leave it to drain for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile using a fork, mix eggs, flour, baking powder and seasonings till you get a wet dough.
- Preheat oven to 180C - Rinse the salt off the zucchini and then with a clean cloth (if you're fancy cheese cloth/nut milk bag, if you're less fancy heavy duty paper towels), squeeze ALL the excess water out of the zucchini and mix in with your dough.
- Stir in your optional add-ins if you are doing any. I did canned tuna and some canned crab that was about to expire.
- At this point, if making zucchini fritters, spoon a bit into an oiled pan and fry both sides till golden brown.
- If baking, spoon your dough into greased muffin tins and bake for 35 minutes.
#Verdict: These remind me of what baked mashed potatoes would taste like. It's a savoury muffin that's a great snack or breakfast side (or lunch). I like these better fried but I eat a lot of fried things and these are "healthier" plus they are more portable and they reheat better. These are potentially #Whole30 since it's not a sweet #SWYPO treat and you can make these #vegan by taking out the seafood and eggs.
#PaleoBakes #PaleoBaking #Whole30Baking #PaleoNigerian #PlantainFlourBaking #NigerianBaking #AmateurBaking