This week's FOTW:
- 12 eggs, whisked.
- 1/2 cup water (you can omit or substitute with broth).
- 4 slices compliant bacon, cut into pieces.
- 1 yellow onion, diced.
- 1 red pepper, diced.
- 6 oz. brussell sprouts, chopped or shaved.
- 4 oz. mushrooms, chopped.
- 2 large handfuls of spinach and arugula.
- Salt, pepper, and your favorite seasoning blend to taste (optional).
1. Warm up a cast iron skillet on medium heat.
2. Add your bacon to the skillet, and begin cooking.
3. Once the bacon is almost cooked through, scoot it to the side of your skillet to make room for your veggies.
4. Add your onion to the skillet and sauté for 3-5 minutes. Once cooked, combine it with your bacon and then push to the side of the skillet.
5. Add the red pepper to the skillet, sauté for 3-5 min, combine with the onion and bacon, and scoot to the side.
6. Add the brussell sprouts to the skillet and sauté for 3-5 min. Combine, scoot, you know the drill.
7. Add the spinach and arugula and stir until wilted.
8. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and your favorite seasoning, if desired.
9. Whisk your eggs and water or broth in a large bowl, then pour them into the skillet.
10. Cook the eggs for 5-10 minutes, or until they have set.
11. Finish the frittata in the broiler for 3-5 minutes, or until the eggs are fully cooked through and the top is golden.
I’ve never added brussell sprouts to a frittata before, so 🤞🏻it turns out ok. I mean, there’s bacon in this one, so it can’t be all that bad, right?
#whole30 #whole30coach #coachkellywhole30tips #coachkellyfotw #frittata #recipe #whole30recipes #paleo #paleorecipes #glutenfree #dairyfree #itstartswithfood #wholeliving #mealprep #momblogger #healthymom #whole30mama #breakfast #breakfastofchampions #wholemama #morningroutine #mealprep #mealprepftw #bacon #mmmbacon