This past week we toured the first ever commercial cassava nursery of SAH plantlets at our partner’s farm in Shao village, in Kwara! It has been an intense but amazing experience helping to bring better cassava seed technology to Nigeria over the past three years. We are working with some incredible partners such as the local consultants at Sahel, graduate students who have done an amazing job as technicians in the first commercial SAH lab, and dynamic entrepreneurs like Nike Tinubu, who have a community-based approach to farming and agro-processing. Cannot wait to take this to the next level at scale!
1. Team BASICS in the field!
2. Semi-Autotrophic Hydroponic (SAH) laboratory in Ilorin
3. Training the lab technicians in the Shade Area (Stage 2 of the multiplication process)
4. First ever SAH plantlets in a commercial nursery (Shao Farm)
5. Nike Tinubu and the Eagleson community farmers
6. Mr. Dave - the life of the party - in the Eagleson farm fields
7. Cottage processing at the farm
8. Flash drying production facility
9. What it’s all about - better quality, local food products from Nigerian companies!
#inthefield #agriculture #agtech #development #nigeria #cgd #WAWA #worktravel