Carbs Don't Make You Fat!
You can overeat anything to the point causing weight gain just by overshooting your calories regularly.
No matter what your friend selling the keto supplements is telling you, you can overeat protein and fat to the point of causing weight gain too. -
The thing that gets people in trouble is the guilt the slap themselves with for eating carbs. Instead of enjoying whatever they're eating they're kicking themselves for eating it. This leads to some horrible relationships with food and lot binge eating, because if they're going to eat something "bad" they're going to go all out. -
Here's how to enjoy some carby goodness and still shed that belly fat
1. Track either by weighing/measuring or using hand portions to make sure you're eating the right amounts for you
2. 80/20 Rule - 80% of the time go for the nutrient dense stuff like sprouted grain breads, whole wheat pasta, oats, potatoes, rice and low sugar fruit. 20% of the time enjoy a little of the other stuff.
3. Have the guts to actually make a decision based on your goals. You don't need to turn down every cupcake that gets offered to you, but you shouldn't eat every single one either.
4. Eat with a purpose. Treats are much more enjoyable when they're planned ahead, anticipated, and eaten within a framework you know is going to help you get results.
5. Plan ahead. Especially if you're new to the diet game, this will help relieve a lot of stress, anxiety, and guilt. It doesn't need to be super rigid, but you need some type of framework to make decisions. That way when Susan offers you the cupcake at work, but you know you have your favorite dessert planned for later in the week, you can turn her down without feeling guilty or deprived.
Drop a comment and let me know what you favorite dessert is!
#dessert #carbs #weightgain #habits #nutrition #diet #weightloss #fatloss #plan #prep #execute