Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas + Avocado Crema
It’s Michelle of @nomnompaleo with one last recipe this week for my takeover! This tasty sheet pan supper is perfect for busy weeknight meals! (Use a stainless steel wire rack or they'll be soggy!)
¼ cup avocado oil or olive oil
3 T fresh lime juice
3 garlic cloves, minced
1½ tsp Diamond Crystal kosher salt
1 tsp chili powder
½ tsp ground cumin
1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch strips
2 bell peppers, sliced into ¼-inch strips
1 small white onion, sliced into ¼-inch pieces
2 limes, cut into wedges
Butter lettuce leaves
1 large Hass avocado, peeled and deseeded
¼ cup full-fat coconut milk
¼ cup chives, roughly chopped
2 T cilantro, roughly chopped
2 T freshly squeezed lime juice
½ tsp Diamond Crystal kosher salt
¼ tsp black pepper
1) Heat oven to 450°F with the rack in the middle. Place a stainless steel wire rack in a rimmed baking sheet and set aside.
2) In a large bowl, whisk together the avocado oil, lime juice, minced garlic, kosher salt, chili powder, and cumin.
3) Toss the chicken strips, peppers, and onions in the marinade.
4) Spread the chicken and veggies in a single layer on the wire rack in the rimmed baking sheet.
5) Place the tray in the oven and cook for 10 minutes. Then, switch to broil and cook for an additional 5 to 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the peppers and onions are browned in places.
6) Put the Avocado Crema ingredients into a blender and blitz until smooth. Add some water to thin out the sauce if desired. Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed.
7) Serve the fajitas with lime wedges, lettuce wraps, and avocado crema.
For step-by-step pics, click on the link in the profile!
For step-by-step recipes to inspire, delight, and sustain you through your #JanuaryWhole30, find me at Nom Nom Paleo (where I’m posting a Whole30 recipe EVERY single day in January!) and follow @nomnompaleo on all social media. Also, grab our New York Times best-selling cookbooks Nom Nom Paleo: Food For Humans, and @readyornotcookbook!
#Whole30 #Whole30Recipes http://nom.gy/NNPSPCF #nomnompaleo